Friday, November 2, 2018

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

Today I would like to share another quick and simple set of cards.  I'm going back again to encouraging my crafting friends to color every day.  The ladies at my retreat in September looked at me like I was growing an extra head when I said that!  I know - I'm retired and some of them were not.  Do you pick up a pen every day?  Put a few colored pencils on your desk, by the phone, where ever you sit to rest and doodle, or have a few printed images nearby.  You will be amazed how much difference it will make.  Not just in your abilities, but in your general mood and outlook on life. Just color, color and color some more.  Relax! 

The two cards below were colored using two shades of pink and two shades of green, done in reverse coloring.  Then later when I had time and needed birthday cards, my images were ready and my time greatly reduced to pull dies, papers to match and BAM, cards are made and ready to mail. 


The image used is the Unity, Butterfly Birthday Cupcake by designer Angie Blom. Both images were stamped on 110# card stock and Copic colored.

For the left card I used a Cross Stitched Dome die, the Gina Marie Designs Stained Glass Rectangle Die and a small stitched fish tail die for the sentiment Celebrate.  There is also an additional piece of coordinating washi tape placed vertically.  Each piece is glued to a white card base.

For the card on the right, I used a Mini Heart embossing folder by Cuttlebug, the Stitched Fish Tail Dieby Gina Marie Designs and one of the dies from the Party Banner Die Set which is also from Gina Marie Designs. 

As you can see the same stamp colored in reverse made up differently gives you two totally different effects making them suitable for different folks on your card lists.    Thank you for stopping by today to see these two cards and they combinations they can make and be used for. Your comments are always welcome. 

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 

This posting will also appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment