Friday, July 13, 2018

LOVE Eclipse Card

I have to admit, I've been seeing all the postings of Eclipse cards and thinking, nice but not something I really want to do.
However at the stamping retreat I recently attended, an Eclipse card was one of the projects, so I got a tiny taste of how cool they are and actually how easy they are to make.

For today's card, I used a 'card kit' prize that I received on one of the sites I'm active in.  Here's the finished card, then a few things I learned and a tip or two that might help you, if you haven't tried this style of card. 


The cardstock stamped image was copic colored and the butterfly I cut out after coloring. As you can see below the wings have clear Wink of Stella on them. 


I found my 2" alpha letters to be a little large for the smaller card base, which was what the image was sized for.  I basically only had room for 4 letters, and I selected LOVE. 

Tip ONE: Before cutting, lay you words on the colored image. Then carefully place a piece of card stock, index card etc. right below your words and use washi tape to carefully attach the letters to the paper.  They aren't actually on this paper, just along the edge and taped so that you can carefully pick them up.  This helps you get them straight and also to keep them together when cutting the additional cuts for the layers. 

Tip Two: Remember to save the 'inner' pieces of each letter to go back down on the first layer. Like the center of this "O".

I cut four additional cuts of the word to use as my stack. Then of course the colored letters go on top.  If you image is very light, you can use black paper for your layers and even off set the top layer to give a more shadowed effect.

To finish the card, I added the butterfly that I had previously fussy cut and coated with Clear Wink of Stella.
I'm just tickled it turned out so beautiful.  This is the one I made at the Whimsy Retreat with the help of Alana Moses.


Hope you will give this technique a try if you haven't already. I think it's a bit addictive. 

I really appreciate you stopping by - your comments are welcome as are your friends joining also.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This card will also appear on the following sites: 

No comments:

Post a Comment