Wednesday, June 22, 2022

You Stack Up!

Today I'm sharing the card I made for a 'Use Your Scraps' Challenge which is also the card I made for my son for Father's Day.  As I've mentioned in previous postings, my son's career is in tree removal services so I've selected C.C. Designs Lumberjack Louis and the corresponding die set.

Here's the completed card, then the details on how I made it. 


I started by stamping the lumberjack and then masking off just the squirrel and stamping several extra ones. I used my Copic markers to color these stamped images and cut each out.  

I used a scrap of brown woodgrain cardstock to die cut the tree stump and a scrap of 'tree' paper to cut the 2" vertical strip.   I also stamped the sentiment from the same set on a scrap of white cardstock using brown Versa Clair ink.

Next I made the chocolate brown card base 5 1/2" square with the side fold and covered the front with the green patterned paper cut 1/4" smaller than the cover size. 

Then it was just a matter of gluing the layers starting at the bottom, with the green matting and vertical tree strip. Next I added the tree stump with the two extra squirrels, then the lumberjack and lastly the sentiment.   Inside I added a white 
4 1/2" blank square for writing the personal message.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dare2BArtzy ~ June ~ Masculine 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ June ~ Outdoors 

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 62 ~ June 

Crafty Friends ~ June ~ Challenge 156 ~ Men/Boys 


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hat & Shirt: YR16, YR18, T Shirt: N0, Mustache: N4, N7, Jeans: B91, B95, B97, Squirrels: E55, R20, Boots: E55, E59, Axe:E59, E55, N7, N4                                  

Products

CC Design, Lumberjack Louis

CC Design Lumberjack Accessories




 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete