Monday, June 13, 2022

Sandy Kisses

I'm starting off this week with a new stamp set (to me) from My Favorite Things, Beach Bear.   Everyone knows how I love the beach but this was my first 'polar bear' on the beach for sure.  



I started by stamping the bear on the blanket and the umbrella separately, then coloring them with my Copic markers and hand cutting them out.  Since the card challenge was 'Beachside' I elected to only use one image from this large set of stamps. 

Using a standard A2 card front, I glued the bear in the center and tucked the umbrella just behind him. Then I started at the bottom and added the tiny dots of tan shades to make the sand.  Next, working around the bear, I added several shades of blue for the water.  Then I worked from dark YG65 to light Y11 to achieve the shades of the sunrise.  Once completed, I returned this part to my Misti and added the sentiment stamp from the same set.

For the decorative edges, I used Gina Marie Designs, Labels Three for the image and for the coordinating orange mat.  For the card base I cut a coordinating aqua solid and put the fold to the left so that I could add the string and the fish charm.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ June ~ Outdoors 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 233 

Your Next Stamp ~ Challenge 186 ~ Seashore 

Bastel Traum ~ Challenge 113 ~ Summer 

Challenge of Your Life ~ Challenge 148 ~ Summer 

 Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 62

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Umbrella: BG53, BG57, Towel: BG57, Bear: C0, C00, Sand: E41, E42, E50, Water: B60, B90, BG11, BG13, Sky: YR65, E95, Y32, YR20, R11

Products





 

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete