Thursday, June 30, 2022

Have a Roaring Good Time

It's time for the July Classic Design Challenge and our sponsor for this month is SheepSki Designs.

For my project card, I selected Bryan's Baby and made a very special guy, Mr. Frank,  his 92nd Birthday card.



It's not every day that we know someone turning 92, so why not celebrate with a 1930's Magenta Pink convertible!

After sizing the image to just under 4" long, I printed it on Neenah 110# cardstock and used Copic markers for coloring.  I stamped the three sentiments from Crafter's Companion's, 'All that Jazz' and 'Roaring 20's' sets.

The card base is a dark gray 6" square.  I added a 2" metallic magenta strip, then a 1" metallic gold strip down the left folded edge.  Next I secured the colored image in the center, then added the sentiments around the top and bottom edges. Lastly I added the die cut numbers '92' to the top right to complete the fun and memorial birthday. 

Be sure to visit the Classic Design Challenge Blog to see all the Design Team cards and to add your entries too!  I'd love to see them.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 273 ~ All Occasions 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 88 

Dare 2B Artzy ~ June ~ Masculine 

Fab N Funky ~ Challenge 554 ~ Summer Colours 

Simon Says ~ Wednesday Challenge #96 

Paper Funday ~ Challenge 42 ~ Masculine 

Through the Craftroom Door ~ June 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Car: RV55, RV66, N0, N6, N7, C2, C4, C5, C6, Wing: BG45, BG49, BG57

Products








 

6 comments:

  1. The colours of the background card really matches the main image.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Pam - that is one fabulous image and you have coloured it beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - the greetings go perfectly with the image!
    Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Mr Frank will love his very special card. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly a great card for a male, the bold colours especially go with the image well,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting card.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
    Buffy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete