Wednesday, June 8, 2022

May Every Sunrise Bring You Hope

Today I'd like to share a card I recently made using Northwoods Rubber Stamps, NO-090 cling set, 'Cattails, Birds & Water Silhouettes'.

This set has three images and three sentiments which gives you a lot of nice choices to design several variations.



 I selected one of the larger images - with the lake scene.  After stamping it I used my Copic markers for coloring.  Even though it looks like just water and yellow/orange sky... for me the shading required 16 different markers. 

When completed I trimmed the edges and matted it and the sentiment in a deep burnt orange solid cardstock.  I made the card base out of a coordinating blue cardstock and covered it with the slightly patterned yellow paper.  Next I secured the image, then the sentiment, slightly overlapping.  Lastly I added the triple wrap of twine at the fold and secured with a small single bow. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cardz4Guyz ~ Challenge 297 ~ On the Water 

Try it on Tuesday ~ For the Man in Your Life 

Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 156 ~ June 

Pearly Sparkles ~ Challenge 74 ~ One for the Boys 


Pam's Pearls


 


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamp! LOVE the card you made for our challenge at Try it on Tuesday! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the scene you've created for the challenge of WATER - so lovely. Thank you for playing with us at C4Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment!! Beautiful waterscape...perfect for our "on the water" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card - fabulous colouring too! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. So serene with the Cattails and water. So glad you joined us at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete