Friday, October 9, 2020

Penny Black Deer In Christmas Tree

 Today I'd like to share an Eclipse card I made using the Penny Black Deer in a Tree, Christmas Die.  Most Eclipse cards are made using a simple three or four letter word, but after watching a recent youtube video about using your dies, I wanted to try using a Christmas die. This die happened to be one I'd ordered at the end of the season last year and had not gotten a chance to use.  It's a beautiful die but not too complicated.  Here's my finished card, then a few details about making it. 


I started by selecting the top printed paper, trimming it to fit the front of an A2 card base and then die cutting the image to the left edge of it.  I carefully set aside every piece of the die cut out and the background.  Next I repeated the die cut 6 times with white card stock and only kept the die cut tree and deer outline piece.  As I cut each one, I carefully used my book binding glue and stacked them on top of each other matching them exactly.  For the top layer, I added the printed olive green color.  

I carefully mounted the die cut background matted piece then added the stacked tree and reindeer piece.  Lastly, using tweezers, I glued and added each individual background piece inside the tree and around the reindeer to complete the design and not to leave any open spots. 

To complete the card I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock using coordinating olive ink and die cut the edges.  I added a couple of strips of foam tape to the back to raise it slightly and added it to the right side of the card. I really like the way this one turned out and think I'll make a few more for my stash! 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.






5 comments:

  1. Super monochromatic colours, many thanks for joining this weeks Cute Christmas theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Love that die cut. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a very lovely die. So glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete