Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thank You For Making Time for Me

What better way to start the first day of the new year, than to craft the entire day with my card making buddy!  Together we made almost two dozen awesome cards ~ some very serious for friends that are ill, some funny, and all filled with both our love of our craft and greetings of joy to the receivers.

My last one of the day, is the one I'd like to show you for today.  I've posted it in a challenge on the Unity {Show & Tell} page for the current Thank You Challenge


Pretty weird and funny too don't you think?

For this card I used the Sofa and Rug from the Unity stamp kit, Warmth of Home by Beth Duff  and the Toad is from their set Salutation Toad.  I also used the sentiment from the KOM 11/11, Take Your Time.  

I started by stamping the sofa on a separate paper and cut it out for a mask.   Then I stamped the sofa on Neenah 110# card stock, mask over it and stamped about half of the rug in front of the sofa.  Note: I did mask over the Christmas images that were on the sofa pillows also, if you didn't already catch that!  

Separately, I colored and cut out the Toad.  I used Copic markers for coloring all of the images.  I used Pink & Main's Stitched Rounded Rectangle die for the image and then stamped the sentiment with Versafine ink under the sofa.  I added the toad by gluing him at his feet but adding foam squares behind his head and hat to give the dimensional look of him standing in front of the sofa.  Then I added the brown plaid mat and attached each piece to the standard A2 card base.  For the final touch I added clear glossy accents to the Toad's eyes! 

Thanks for stopping by to see my silly toad who is grateful for Sofa Time with Friends over the Holidays! 

Additional Challenges Entered:



Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

Products Used:











5 comments:

  1. How lovely, I am sure your friends will appreciate all the love you wrapped up in those cards. This is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though you had a wonderful start to the New Year Pam, and this is a really cute card :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pam, I was just visiting your blog and happened to see that you've entered our fun challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies so let me put on my DT hat and say "Thanks for playing along and supporting our challenge! Good Luck!"
    I'm your newest follower, too. :-D NanaConnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little fella and you have put this 'story' together beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete