Sunday, September 29, 2019

Perk Up!

Several months ago I watched my crafting BFF make the cutest coffee mug 'shaped' card for a swap challenge.  I've been just waiting for the right time to try my hand at that technique.   

Polka Dot Orchard has just released Merry Little Coffee Digital Stamp Set and it has the cutest coffee mug with two beautifully drawn poinsettias on the side ~ it will be just perfect!

Here's my completed card and just a couple of the steps I took to make it. 


I did my image two different ways, so you may want to play around and see what works best for you.  I made the image approximately 3" square and duplicated it twice on an 8.5 x 11 paper, positioning one image with 3" to the left of it to allow for the fold.  The second image  was positioned to the right to color and cut out separately.  I printed this page on Neenah 110# card stock.

I used Copic Markers to color both images.  The poinsettia is colored using Copic R29, R35 and R37; Leaves are YG61 and YG63; Mug is R20 and R21; and the Coffee area is shaded with C5.

For the first image,  I used my score pal to get my fold line, then folded the new card and cut around the mug shape leaving the folded area.   

I cut out the second image leaving ~ 1" around, and glued it to a prefolded card base.  Then I cut around the cup image on the second image, leaving the folded area.

At this point, I basically have two identical cards, however, the second card is a lot more stable with the card base added.

I used a small oval die cut for the 'Perk up!' sentiment that is in this digital package, and added a frosted enamel dot.  I also added gold glitter Stickles in the center of each flower as the final touch. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you will check out this package and others available on Polka Dot Orchard to use on your cards.  


Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas coffee mug! Love the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love that touch of glitter to the Poinsettia's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make a card with a 'different' shape and increased interest Pam. I love your result. Thanks for sharing your techniques
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Pam! I love shape cards... such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love this poinsettia mug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards and
    the design is
    so lovely.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete