Monday, September 2, 2019

Can't 'Beet' A Friend Like You!

Today I'd like to share a little card I made for a Swap Challenge ~ Embossing on Vellum.

What I really loved about making this card however, is the play on words by artist Joslyn Nielson.  This Unity Stamp kit, Beets For You, has three equally witty sentiments to go with the single BEET image.  

Here's the card I made for the Swap.


It's amazing that the deep reds of a beet would turn out to be such a cute card!  As you can see, I simply layered three die cut papers onto an A2 card base and tied with a red organza ribbon.    

I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum and then cut using a fish tail die.  I've found that heating from the back of the vellum works the best for me.  I applied my book binding glue lightly behind the words, knowing it was going to dry clear anyway, but not wanting any glue to show through.

Thanks for stopping by to see this and my other cards. Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 

1 comment:

  1. Can't beet that card Pam - it's fabulous - love the colours in the layering
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete