Wednesday, September 4, 2019

On Your Birthday - Mini Images

For today's card, I fell into the trap of "my image won't fit" when I tried to match up a die with these cute little Penny Black images from their stamp set It's Your Day.  I'm sure you've been there if  you are a card maker...this die is too small or this one is too large to show your work. 

Here's the completed card and my solution for this card below.



Using a multi-frame die, is normally the top choice when you have small images.  


For this card, I used the above frame and removed the panel divider on the bottom right to allow plenty of room for the cupcake mouse.

The sentiment is also from the same stamp kit; mounted on the same burgundy paper.  Although this is not the case on this card, IF the cupcake mouse paper had been too short, this wide sentiment would have covered the open area at the bottom.  Just a side thought to remind you how your sentiments can really help you fix many card issues.

This card was sent to The Cards for Soldiers Overseas for their availability in sending cards back home to their families.

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card Pam - and so pretty - I spotted your fix straight away, as I have that die... yes, sentiments are most useful for the occasional 'oops', as are pearls and other embellishments!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete