Friday, September 20, 2019

Birthday Stacks

One of my friends, who is very involved in the Sea Turtle Conservation Program, spends most of his Fridays following them during the season of laying and hatching of their eggs.  He has quite a following as we watch for his photo posting to see if he or his teammates were lucky enough to capture a sighting.

Well of course for his birthday, he must get a Turtle themed card.  When he framed the first one I sent him, I was quite taken back!  But this year, celebrating his last year of his 50's, I decided he needed a humorous card, which of course led me straight to my collection of Art Impression stamps and Turtle Stackers (4741).

There are several versions on Pinterest of this pull tab card using this cute set that caught my eye today.  I decided to give it a try, add my twist, and make this design for my Turtle Loving Friend's Birthday card.    

Here's my Interactive Birthday Card ~



The four solid squares down the left side are each raised with foam tape.  The black rectangle frame is also raised and there is a pull tab at the bottom on the candle paper.


As you pull the tab down, you see the rest of this cute stamp set ~ all six turtles stacked up to wish him the happiest birthday ever!


And on the inside I added two more Art Impression Stamps.  The top is an AI Sentiment stamp (G4992) and the cake with overflowing candles (H5017) is AI as well. I used Gina Marie Designs, X-Stitched Oval Die for this image also. 

Hope he likes his interactive Turtles for his Birthday this year. 
Thanks for stopping by today.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

Copics Used:
Turtles: YG61, YG63, YG67, E11, E21, E23

Products Used:
 




2 comments:

  1. Oh Pam what a fun and absolutely wonderful card - it gave me a giggle when I saw the tag reveal.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have this turtle stamp and this card is adorable! Could you share your directions and measurements for making this? I'm fairly new to crafting and unless I have step by step instructions or a video to watch, I am rather useless! ha ha You could email me if you don't want to post for all to see. My email is bequiltn8@yahoo.com. I would so appreciate this. Barb Collins

    ReplyDelete