Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I Will Walk by Faith...


Today's card is one I made for a recent swap using a Western Theme.   I really was pleased with the end results so I thought I'd share it with you and give you a few details on how I made the card.



I started by using Tim Holtz Oxide inks to cover an area about 7 x 7.  I took a piece of washi tape and added it across the center of the card stock.  Starting with the Orange Marmalade in the center making a strip about 2".  Then I blended Fossilized Amber,  Squeezed Lemonade, and Tumbled Glass out to the edges of the paper (both towards the top and the bottom).  Then I removed the center mask, and used Copic E41 to lightly fill in the center to look like water.  I die cut the background piece using my Tattered Lace Lacy Days Square die.

The cowboy is a silhouette die, cut out of black.  After placing the cut piece on the card, I positioned it where the sentiment is also able to fit in the top corner.  I used Versa Fine Black ink for stamping the sentiment, then glued the silhouette die down .  I added a black 1/4" bigger mat behind the image, then cut two additional coordinating mats and mounted all of this on to a black 5 1/2" square card base.  

I believe this will be another card I'd like to repeat. 
Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been working on. Your comments are always appreciated. 

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 


Products: 

3 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Pam - love that sentiment stamp, and the silhouette die cut is perfect over your amazing background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the cowboy/horse silhouette die?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Pamela. Love the silhouette die against the inked bg!

    ReplyDelete