Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Beautiful Forever

Today's card has been quite an adventure in the making.  As a card maker, many of my cards start down one path and end up in another place. However, this one sure took many turns to get to the end result.  It could have easily been trashed along the way, but something kept driving me not to let it beat me - keep at it - you can do this!  I think the end result speaks for itself. I'm so very pleased that Hello, Sunshine Gal turned out to be a beautiful card for my friend. 


Since I posted on the Unity {Show & Tell} page what happen, I wanted to share here in my blog,  what steps I took to make the repairs.  It was quite messy and doesn't always work.  Lots of patience and blender pen for sure! 

I had finished the card assembly and was putting the 'dots & hearts' around the girl before adding the pearls and ribbon.  


I had picked Copic RV69, since I wanted a deep, dark burgundy color.  I started at the top right and worked around the girl, paying close attention KNOWING this was a new Copic marker and was 'juicy'.   Just as I got to her right elbow, 
in a instant FLASH!    A BLOB!!!


Unbelievable! Why there? Right by SKIN! And such a dark color! I just wanted to cry ~ but I posted on our Unity stamp support page and was filled with support and encouragement NOT throw her away!  

While normally putting a sentiment is usually the best way to cover a blob, it wasn't an option here for me.  I searched my other images for something to fit by her side, nothing just really grabbed me.  Everything took away from the bag of tulips or her lovely outfit.
  
Okay Pam - Try to clear it up.  You know it's going to be a mess! 
I filled my blender up and began to push the dark color away from the girl, knowing the color was still going to come back toward her too.  The key is to let it dry between coats, but it is hard to wait!  
I worked and worked and at bedtime last night... my little blob was now a huge blob.  Actually as bad as it looks, this is an improvement! 


This morning, it's good and dry and ready to continue.  
NO MORE BLENDER.  
Now I can only use Copic Colors as I add more of the BG11, BG13 and BG23 to the skirt; Y15 to the blouse and just a little E41 to her arm.  I also added the E41 to the rest of her skin to keep the skin tones close.  Then I matched up the 'spread' color to RV19 and began to fill in all of the background.  I used a white gel pen to add just a few white hearts.  Then several Gina Marie sunshine yellow pearls on the Tim Holtz Mixed Media background die.  The sentiment is from the January, 2019 KOM and the final touch the organza bow using Unity's white sheer organza ribbon.  What do you think?  The background is sure not what I started out with in my mind, but it's one saved card that I'm certainly not embarrassed to send out. 

Thank you for coming by today to see how she turned out.  Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:
Unity {Show & Tell}, Christian Card Maker, Karle's Passion, Stamp Junkies, Stampers Shop Swap, Passionate Paper Creations, Addicted to Card Making 2.0, Classic Design Team Challenge Blogspot, Pinterest and Not Just Scraps.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the design! And what an amazing save!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bobby Sue for coming over to see what I did. It surprised me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, love how she turned out, you certainly didn't take the easy route, but the result is amazing! 😁😁😁Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a brilliant save hunny! I think you rescued that spectacularly! Lovely creation and wonderful finished look. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete