Friday, February 1, 2019

Flowers For Your Birthday

Good Morning and Happy February 1st!

It's New Release Day for Whimsy Stamps and the Digital Design Team has so many cute cards to show you.  

For today's card, I selected AMY, by Sylvia Zet. I love that she is holding her bucket of flowers and heart shaped balloon.  As soon as I saw her in our upcoming release files I knew she would make the perfect birthday card for my gardening friend Pam's birthday!

Here's her special Shaker card completed ~


I sized Amy down to 1 1/2" x 3 1/4", then printed on Neenah 110# card stock.  She's colored with Copic markers, and like with all my 'girl' images, her hair is colored to match or closely resemble the card recipient.   For the polka dotted frame and the shaker frame, I used Whimsy's Shaker Maker Rectangle Die Set.  Instead of using the foam tape method for the shaker box, I cut 6 additional small frames out of white paper and glued each later together to make the box, adding the cellophane on top, then the patterned paper last.  The white card base is 5 1/2" square and the green mat is 5" square.  I added the pink piece behind the larger frame and a small die cut Happy Birthday.  This is the point where assembly can go two ways.  Some prefer to lay the shaker box face down and fill the sprinkles in, then put the back on...while others build the back of the card, put the pile of sprinkles in a small hill and apply the glued box on top of the hill.  Either way is 'right', and chances are you are still going to get one stuck or dropped. lol  As you might notice if you really inspect, one of my flowers is stuck on the Y in Happy.  Believe me... it's not coming from that spot either.  It's okay - it's the character of the card.  After assembly was completed, I added the white loopy bow on the side and away the card went to the 'other Pam' in the hills of Pennsylvania.

Thanks for stopping by today - I'd love to see how you might use Amy on your card.  Post your Whimsy work anytime on their Facebook page, Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration. Be sure to check out all the new Digital images added this month too.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam
This posting will appear on the following sites:
Copics Used:
Products Used:
 


3 comments:

  1. The other Pam will love this! (I must admit, when I saw the hair and flower pot, I almost thought it was for me...lol). You do such fabulous work, and your coloring techniques are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Shakers are always a lot of fun and such a happy and cute image! Great work! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Pam - and that image is gorgeous, and your colouring of it fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete