Thursday, February 14, 2019

Be Mine ~ with Whimsy's Doggie Skywriter

Flying in on Valentine's Day 2019 to see if you will 
"Be Mine" with Whimsy Stamps,  "Doggie Skywriter Valentine" stamp designed by Crissy Armstrong.


This Whimsy stamp is perfect for my grandson. I used Copic markers for coloring and a Gina Marie die cut that reminded me of a cloud.  I didn't have a 'frame die' to make the shaker box so I taped two square dies together (1/2" between the sizes), then cut the design paper and six additional pieces of white paper.  I elected to use the white paper instead of sticky foam tape because of using candy to fill the shaker. After assembly of the white pieces, then I added the full piece of acetate, then the patterned paper on top and set aside.  To prepare the background I used white card stock the same size as the shaker box and sponged the clouds with a die cut stencil and  Oxide Ink.  After it dried, then I added the flying Doggie Skywritter.  I glued a couple of metallic hearts to the clouds, then added the candy sprinkles and hearts into the prepared shaker box and glued the clouds/image on the back of the box. The card base is a 5.5 and I added an additional mat of 5.25 square blue card stock.  The shaker box is glued onto the blue background mat to complete the card. Looks like a lot of step by step instructions - but it goes quickly and I've written it for someone who has not made a shaker box card before.  

Thank you for stopping by today - I do hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and get to spend time with those you love.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

Copics Used: Hearts E08, E09   Clouds N0, V000, B91, Gra on plane, C2, C3, C4   Tan on lane, E50, E51, Dog E11, E33, E35, E53, E57

Products Used:

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I love the candy idea too! Great coloring job there 😎 TFS

    ReplyDelete