Sunday, February 24, 2019

Don't Just Live The Length of Your Live...

Sometime last year, one of Gina K's masculine cards on Pinterest caught my eye because of the beautiful shades of the sunset  she had created.  When I stopped and looked closer, I liked it even more because of the depth she created in positioning the vintage truck in her scene.  It was a great design, one I knew I'd like to try to create 'one day'.   

That card kept popping up when I'd think about doing a sunset card, or a masculine card... so the search began for just the right size stamps to make the proportions look right.  This was not easy! Everything was too big.  Just when I'd about given up, one of my favorite Facebook sellers (Paper Crafts Buying and Selling)  just happen to post a Deep Red Windmill stamp. That was it!  Part one...which opened the door to searching Deep Red's stamps for the Classic Pick Up Truck and BINGO ~ part two. 

Copic coloring trucks, especially vintage trucks, seems to be something that a lot of Copic artist are attracted to.  


After playing around with  my Oxide inks and the Deep Red Windmill stamp, then diligently going through my templates to find the best fit for the depth of this design, here is the finished card.


My take on Gina K's design ~ 
... sent to one very special nephew who's daily life always seems to be full of adventures. 

I'm so very proud of his accomplishments as a single parent and throughout his working career.  Even when things go not as planned, I can hear him say "It will be okay.",  and he knows it will because he will never give up.  He is the perfect example of living the width of each day as well.

Thank you for stopping by today ~ your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

 

2 comments:

  1. That’s a beautiful card! I love the sentiment. Your nephew sounds like a great person and I’m sure he inspired by this card to keep going no matter what life brings. TFS! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card. Sunset is beautiful. Looking at this card, gives you a peaceful feeling. Great tribute to your nephew

    ReplyDelete