Monday, October 31, 2022

A Better Place

I'm back this afternoon to share with you the opening of the Classic Design Challenge Blog for November.  Our sponsor for this month is Conie Fong Designs and I've selected Isabella Blossoms for my inspirational card. 



 
I love the softness of this image, such a elegant lady and so fun to color and design this card around her.

I've colored her with Copic markers and surrounded the completed image with very light strokes of Copic V0000. The Gina Marie Designs Pleated Lace Oval die was perfect for adding another layer of elegance on the colored image and the aqua matting.  

I used a pale yellow card base and covered it with a brighter yellow patterned paper.  Next I added the 2" aqua horizontal strip in the center, then topped it with the 1" pink patterned strip.  After securing the colored image to the aqua oval die cut, I added these slightly to the right of the center of the card.
The sentiment came from my stash of prestamped sayings.  After using the same die set to get the same delicate edging, I added it to the left of center, overlapping the image of Isabella.  Lastly I tied the coordinating aqua ribbon and bow at the top fold of the card.

Don't forget to check out all of the project cards on the Classic Design Challenge Blog and be sure to enter yours!  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 97 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  ~ Challenge 192 

The Corrosive Challenge ~ October 

Allsorts ~ October ~ Week 700 (Congratulations!) 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 241  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 567 & 568 

World Wide Open Design Challenge ~ October

 

Pam's Pearls 

Copics

Flowers: RV02, Y15, R81, R85, BG01, BG05, BV01, BV04, Hair: B41, N3, N4, N5, Lips & Eyelid: R81, Around the image: V0000

Products




4 comments:

  1. What an exquisite card Pam - love your stunning colouring of the image, and she is so beautifully mounted too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Pam. I love the dies you used to frame the lovely image. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty image, beautifully coloured and I love the delicate lace effect of the dies. What a lovely sentiment too.
    Thanks for joining us again.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty, soft, image coloured in beautifully. A great card for your second entry.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete