Friday, August 13, 2021

Back to the Books!

 It's time for another new challenge week at Polkadoodles Crafting and the Design Team is rolling out our Back to School card ideas for you.  Check out my teammates posts on the Challenge blog HERE.

For my project card I selected Student/School from the Little Dudes Collection and made a Slimline card.



I sized the image to about 5" tall for the 8" x 4" slimline design and printed him on Neenah 110# cardstock.  I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I added a light red stencil brick wall around the completed image and then grayed the area under the boy to ground him.

I selected the background papers from Polkadoodles Winnie Celebrations 2 and cut them 3" x 5".  After I die cut the colored image with one of the slimline dies, I decided I didn't want the sentiment at the bottom as planned, so I added the webbed twine both to add dimension and balance to the card.  After layering the papers and securing them I added the tagged sentiment that also came from Polkadoodles, from the Celebrations 3 Sentiment Collection.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cute Card Thursday ~ Challenge 691 

Stinkin Inkers ~ Long & Skinny 

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 108 

Make Mine Monday ~ challenge 154 ~ Slimline

 

 Pam's Pearls

Copics Used:

Hat: YG01 YG03, YG17, Hair: E11, E13, E23, E55, E57, Backpack, YG93, YG95, Shirt: Y15, Y18, Books: YR23, YR27, Y21, Pants: B21, B24,Boots, N3, N5

Products Used:






 

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Pam - great use of the image and beautifully coloured too. Love the red brick background
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope you will play along again soon!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute colourful card, pretty character. Thanks for joining us at MMM, we look forward to you visiting us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete