Friday, August 27, 2021

A Basket of Crocus ~ Diamond Pop Up Card

Our Polkadoodles Design Team Challenge this week was to use Flowers and a different Shaped Card and it was certainly a fun challenge!  

I selected the pretty 'Crocus' from The Darling Buds Collection for my image and made her into a Diamond Pop Up card.  



After printing her and coloring with Copic markers I carefully hand cut her out and set her aside while I made the card base.  I used Polkadoodles Sweet Tweet 6 x 6 paper pack for the flower patterned paper on all of the sides except the top.  For the top diamond shape, I used Polkadoodles craft stencil Magical Grasses and several coordinating shades of distressed oxides.  

Once I had the pop up card assembled, then I secured the flower girl by gluing her at her feet and waist and adding two small foam squares behind her head to raise it for added dimension.  Lastly I die cut three miscellaneous small leaves and added those along with a silk flower on the bottom diamond base for the card to rest on when opened. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.


Be sure to visit the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog to see the other Design Team cards and enter your card also!

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Creations #424 August 

Crafty Gals Corner ~ Challenge 222 ~ Summer Fun 

The Paper Shelter ~ #480 Colour It 

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge WWC323 

The Cutie Pie Challenge ~ #162 ~ Girls, Girls, Girls 



 Pam's Pearls 


Copics Used: Hair: Y21, Y23, Y25, Basket: BG72, Greens: YG11, YG63, YG67, Yellows: Y08, Pinks, R81, R85, RV00, V05, V06, RV17, RV55, RV63, RV66

Products Used:  





 

 


 

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Pam - love how the image fits the front panel so beautifully. Well done
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Pam. I love your stencilled background for her and the gorgeous colours you chose to ink with. Stunning card design and colouring. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pop up card with a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I always love a pop up card and this one is super fun, Pam!! Perfect selection of papers and embellishments! Thanks so mch for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete