Wednesday, November 11, 2020

You Can't Pour From an Empty Cup

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Fall / Winter Blog hop is well underway (and I'm behind!).  Today I'd like to share my first card entry for this hop.  

I've combined images from two packages from Polka Dot Orchard.  The girl holding the coffee mug is from Note to Self and the reminder of the card design is from Make Time for Yourself.  Both of these were drawn by artist Jeanie Hays.
 



To make this card, I placed the swing into my digital card front template and then brought in the blanket layer.  Next I added the pillow layer for sizing, but then moved it out of the card front area to print separately.  Then I brought in the girl image.  (Note: She is sitting in a bean bag chair, so I reduced the opacity to about 60% to allow me to see the size I needed to make her.)  Once I had the size needed, I moved that layer over to the side also, and brought the opacity back up to 100%.  I also pulled the sentiment in for sizing on the card front - then moved it to the side for printing.  If you aren't use to doing digital layers, this is probably a bit confusing.  Basically the card front has the swing and blanket.  Off to the side I have the girl, pillow and sentiment.  

Next I printed both on Neenah 110# card stock and colored each element with my Copic markers.  I die cut the sentiment and fussy cut the pillow and the girl (away from the bean bag).
I also die cut an additional patterned shape one die size larger to go behind the sentiment and a stitched square to use behind the card front.  

I selected a 6" square moss green card base and mounted the layers - then added the enamel dots and the spider web topper.  I also added a white die cut square inside for writing.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.


Don't forget about the big birthday celebration right now! You can save 37% on this digi and many others including stencils! Visit Polka Dot Orchard!

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Coffee Loving Cardmakers ~ Fall/Winter 2020 Blog Hop 

Make Mine Monday ~ #135 Elegant Fall/Autumn 

Simon Says ~ Monday Challenge 

Classic Design Challenge ~ 11 - November 

Crafty Hazelnut - Patterned Paper #11 November 

Sparkles ~ #133 Hello Autumn 

CD Sunday Challenge #48 

 

Serving a Risen Savior,

Pam

 Products Used:

 Polka Dot OrchardMake Time for Yourself   




12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Pam and thanks for the digital steps info.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I saw it over at Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Great image and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful sentiment great coloring I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration!! Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun warm fall scene. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, and the sentiment. something we all need to do at the moment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card and I love the sentiment. So relevant in these times. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very impressed with all your digital work. I must admit to sticking with the very basics.
    I loved your card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great sentiment....very uplifting during this crazy time. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty work! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete