Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Thank You for a Wonderful Campfire Retreat

I've just returned from another wonderful crafting retreat and have lots of postings to show you from our weekend.

This was a record high of 26 ladies attending at the Moody Gunter facilities outside Batesburg, SC.  Pastor Alan and his wife Bonnie went all out to meet our every need and even joined in the theme with tons of S'mores, Hobo meals, and even a bonfire with Hot Dogs and Brats.

Two of my friends from North Carolina helped me tremendously since I'm still recovering from back surgery. Today I wanted to share the thank you note cards I made for them.

These are using Whimsy Stamps Penguin Campfire digital design by Crissy Armstrong.

One of these detailed pieces is enough to wear out my brain but doing two was quite an undertaking.  Considering all the work these two ladies did, my little cards were worth the effort.

I started with the flame reflections and did both cards in sections at the same time.


Then I added the flesh tones and the shades of gray for the penguins.


Next I added the reds for the capes, the log and the fire pit.


No two are ever the same, but close enough.

Adding the background was a bit of a challenge for me, but I didn't give up. 


I finished the cards with an additional galaxy background and a mini tag that says 'Love you S'mores!'

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've been working on.  More about the retreat in the next few days.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 





1 comment:

  1. Oh Pam, so glad your friends assisted you so you could get to camp and enjoy it - these cards are exquisite and I am sure they will be treasured
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete