Thursday, June 13, 2019

Back on the South Carolina Beach

Today I'd like to share a card I just made using one of Whimsy Stamps images, Penguin Beach Chair by designer Crissy Armstrong.  Although I used the digital version, this is also available in  rubber cling.



Who wishes you were in a chair right beside him? Those of us who live near the coast or at least can visit that area are truly blessed.  As I recently listened to a video by this designer, she casually mentioned she had never seen the ocean.  

She's certainly not alone ~ however if YOU have ~ stop for a minute and think of the marvel of that creation by our Lord.  Think of all the sands on the beach and the scripture in Psalm 139 of God loving us more than the sands of the oceans.  Yes, I am blessed to be near the Carolina coast.

Mr. Penguin (in his Bathing Costume) was colored with Copic markers.  For those who have taken a class under this designer, you will know - how many markers are normally used for coloring the penguin to get the deep black shading?   And what number makes him shine?   I also used Gina Marie Design X Stitched Oval and Rectangle Dies throughout the card design.

Whimsy Stamps carries a wide range of the Penguin series, available in rubber cling and digital.  I invite you to pop over and take a look.  I'm sure you will like what you see. 

Thank you for stopping here today to allow me to share today's card.  While this card has already been purchased, it is one I can custom make just for you.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

Copics Used:  Y000, R30/Blender, YR02, YR04, YR12, YR14, BG23, BG34, BG57, BG49, BG09, BG78, N0-N9, E23, E50-55
Products Used: 


2 comments:

  1. What a cheerful sweetie that penguin is Pam - and a gorgeous card too. I have just spent the better part of two weeks at a retreat on an inner harbour - it was beautiful! i love being near the sea.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. After my surgery and recovery I will be beach bound for sure! Hugs

    ReplyDelete