Tuesday, June 19, 2018

It Matters Not...

I wanted to make a card for my son who particularly has a lot on his shoulders right now.  His best friend is fighting brain cancer, his daughter is getting married in several weeks, and everyone depends on him to help them.  

I'm of course very proud of him and just wanted him to know I'm thinking about him. As I worked on the card, it ended up being more for both him and his wife.  
 For some reason my last several cards have ended up being very large!  This one is 6" x 8 1/4".  Here the finished card - the front (two shots) , then inside; followed by the stamps that I used for your reference.


Such a very wise sentiment!  It is from the Unity, KOM 4/15, Who We Have Matters.  The male image is also Unity, Forrest Guy
Two page tab are die cut below him and tied loosely with coordinating yarn. 


Behind the front tabs are Unity stamps that look so very much like my two grand daughters~  The left image is the planner girl, Love Them. How appropriate for Destiny who is getting married soon.    On the right is the girl image from Unity KOM 4/16 Without Fear, Without Limits.  I've colored her to look like Skyla, with her bright and thick beautiful braided hair.  These two girls are the world to my son!


And inside, I added Missing You Girl to represent his wife who is always at my son's side, loving and supporting him.  Together they have a beautiful family for sure.  
Lastly I added the Laugh when you can sentiment from the Unity Fluttering Affection set.  With his heavy heart as he visits his friend as much as possible, I know that our good Lord will help them both through this situation. 



Have you ever matched stamps to your family or friends?  My next posting also contains images similar to family members.


Thank you for allowing me to share this card creations with you. Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment