Monday, April 13, 2020

Lovin' From the Oven

Good Monday Morning! 

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter, safely in your homes.  

Today I'd like to share a card I made for a Swap/Challenge.  The challenge was to make a card with a Kitchen or Oven theme.  I had recently purchased the Stamping Bella Bundle Girl Tea Party and was determined to make it work for this swap card.   Finally I decided to add a recipe so the front of the card could be removed by the recipient.  

Here's what I came up with and a few directions for yours. 



It truly turned out adorable ~ Don't you think? 

I stamped the image on Neenah 110# card stock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I used a Spellbinder die to make the scalloped rectangle.  I found what read like a yummy Carrot Cake  recipe and typed it up with Underlines so that it resembled a recipe card.  

I covered the front of a 5 1/2" square card base with a dark green mat and cut the stamped sentiment with a stitched fish tale banner.  I quickly realized the image needed grounding, so I cut a 1" wide strip of orange striped paper for the image to sit on and to give it some space from the recipe.   Finally I adhered the sentiment and added a small orange enamel dot to complete the card.

A quite amazing story unfolded when my swap partner received the card too.  Turns out she gets a Carrot cake (her favorite) from her Mother-in-Law every year and it's this exact recipe with the pineapple!  God loves to do things that make our jaws drop!  

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not JustScraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:


Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

Copics used: 
Girl: G20, G21, G24, E97, Y38, Bunny:W01, R01, Dishes: B02, Cake: E97 and Y38, Icing: RV10, Carrot: G67, YG93, Y38

Products Used:



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and a great recipe idea Pam - yes, God does like to surprise us like that I love it when He does.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute image and great idea to add a recipe card too..Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Tales from The Craft room
    Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi me again lol just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete