Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February Envelope Challenge

If you follow my blog, you already know that my favorite
card swap challenge is the Envelope Challenge on 
Receiving an envelope of supplies and seeing the extreme varieties of what 
12 ladies come up with is just amazing.
Linda, our host this month supplied us with these random items.  We are allowed to added a inked/stamped image or sentiment and one embellishment.  
The card base is always free to add.

Most of the time, I think each of us just open the envelope and go.... 
Hmmmm.... what am I going to do with this?
With the cut of the chair paper, I only had one medium chair that wasn't cut off. So I began with flipping that paper over (solid Kraft on back) to go from there.  After placing several dies around and allowing random thoughts to grow a little.... 
I'm back to that single chair, determined to make it work.  With my sentiment in mind,
"I Chair-ish Our Friendship"
I started working backwards from there. 


Layered bases are cut from Spellbinders Labels 23 and the accent pieces are Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents.  To pull the eyes to the small rose design in the chair, I used Stampin Up Real Red to distress all the pieces of paper and the white lace. Each layer is raised with pop dots and the bling strip is cut apart and glued into the circles of the lace, onto the Kraft card base for my completed card. 

Now I just need about 200 of these, as this morning I am humbled by the outpouring of Happy Birthday wishes I received yesterday.  
I truly do CHERISH each one of YOU as a blessing from God. 

Thank you for stopping by and for following my blog. 
Serving a Risen Savior ~ Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites
where I invite you to visit to see other creative cards.
and on my personal selling site, Not Just Scraps



3 comments:

  1. Great Card on the envelope challenge! They are fun!! I love the kraft paper!! I am going to have to dig my stack out! HAve a very happy day after your Birthday!! Hugs,
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Pam, and quite the challenge too! - and a belated Happy Birthday to you from the Antipodes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea. The sentiment is so appropriate and I may try it. I have a bench die that I could use with it. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful cards. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete