Thursday, October 7, 2021

Over Four Years ~

and 900+ cards later...

I usually post a throw back Thursday today - but when I went to pull that up today I found that in October, 2017, almost four years ago, I had made the exact same card as I made last night for the exact same annual challenge ~ the Whimsy Stamp Annual 30 Nights of Halloween Blog Challenge!  

So I decided to stop and blog my card entry today and share the two together.

The featured image is Whimsy Stamp's 'Hazel' by one of the original artist (and in my opinion simply amazing) Sylvia Zet.



For this (2021) card I covered the 5 1/2" card base with black spider web paper and added the 'Trick or Treat' ribbon to the left side.  After coloring the image with Copic markers, I used the Gina Marie Designs Label 3 die set for the decorative edge.  I also inked the edge after cutting, with black ink, then secured it to the card base.  Lastly I added the black organza looped bow at the top fold.

And here's my Throw Back Thursday Whimsy Hazel from October, 2017 ~ I was attending my FIRST Whimsy Retreat in FL.  My friend and I were like sponges trying to soak up every drop that was being taught.  I never dreamed that so many doors would be opened for me from that weekend forward.  I have truly been blessed! 



I always encourage others to keep photos of your card creations.  Start a page on Pinterest or even just on your computer.  You'll be amazed at your growth in different areas.  Don't compare yourself to someone who has been coloring for a long time or someone who is maybe truly an artist.  Do what you enjoy.  You are YOU and that is what makes you unique.

As always ~ Thank you for stopping by my blog today! 

I'll be entering the 2021 card in the following challenges:

Serving a Risen Savior,
 Pam's Pearls

Copics: Hat: V20, V22, V25, V17, Y25, N8, N6, Bat, N8, N6, Dress: Y20, V22, V25, V17, YR15, YR11, Feathers: YR02, V17, Shoes, E55, Y28, N8, Stockings, V17, Hair: N8, N6, N4, Broom: E18, E25, E27

Products:

 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet image- she looks like a perfectly sweet tiny witch in training. Such a great card and layout :) Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable! The sweetest little witch around. Great coloring and I love how you have set it all up. Thanks for entering IKESWORLDCHALLENGEBLOG and best of luck. Be blessed always, Samara DT IWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Pam! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Ike's World. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Ike's World
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete