Tuesday, June 8, 2021

What's Shakin?

Today I'd like to share the card I recently made for my brother's birthday.  It's been several weeks ago now ~ my posting has been delayed and delayed waiting on the card to arrive at his house.  It's always amazing that some mail can arrive in 2 days and others going to the same place take 3+ weeks.  

Mike is very talented in several musical instruments, so that was the theme I selected.  I've used The Saxophonist from The Paper Shelter and also the juke box and accessories from Sugar Pea Designs, Juke Box Jive.  

Here's his completed card and then a little about making it. 


I started by stamping the juke box on a 6" square of Neehah 110# cardstock.  I stamped the Coke and Float on an additional smaller piece and printed the digital X man from Paper Shelter on another piece of cardstock.  

I used Copic markers for coloring all the pieces and then fussy cut the Coke, float and the sax player. Next I mounted the juke box on a 6" card base then added the black and white check strip down the left side.  

I stamped the 'What's Shakin?' under the juke box using Versafine black ink.  Then added a tiny foam dot under the float and Coke, gluing them at the base and allowing the top to have dimension.  

Lastly, I added a wobbler to the back of the sax player and added him to the card. It really turned out so cute!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Stinkin' Inkers ~ You're the Man 

The Paper Shelter ~ #472 Birthday 

Simon Says ~ Masculine Challenge 

The Male Room ~ #151 ~ Dad and Grads 

Watercooler Wednesday ~ WWC317 ~ All things masculine 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 62 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ for the Boys 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge #82 ~ birthday 

World Wide Open Design Challenge 


Serving a Risen Savior, 

Pam's Pearls


Copics Used: Saxophonist:Pants& Vest: B91, B93, B95, Shirt: N1, Hair: N3, N4, N6, Sax: Y13, Y18, YR2, YR27   Jukebox: y11, Y13, Y18, Y15, B92, B93, B95, BG10, BG11, BG13, R27, Coke: BG10, BG11, BG13, R08, R27, Float: BG10, BG11, BG13, R27, RV00, RV02


Products Used:




 

 

 


 
 

17 comments:

  1. Pam, this is adorable! I love that you made the saxophonist into a wobbler! So cool how you combined all the images, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Shelter Challenges! Julie O, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, great layout, I love it! Thank you for sharing at The Paper Shelter challenge, hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. What a cool 'dude'. I am sure your brother was delighted with your work of art.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Pam - and the post in New Zealand is somewhat erratic, like yours!
    When I read your blog post title, I immediately thought of Christchurch, although we had a reasonable shake up here in the North Island the other day, only about 150 kms away...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card for your brother. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Pam, I'm glad it eventually arrived.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Pam. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the music theme and the dude
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this image. Beautiful coloring and great design. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool and fun card for your brother. Hope he liked it too. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card. I'm sure he loved his very personal card.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great. I love that old juke box. Thank you for sharing with us,.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! Pam what a perfect card for a musician, I love the sax player on a wobbly, such fun. Thank you so much for joining us in our Dads & GrandDads challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your masculine card! I love that old juke box.
    Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Majda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great masculine card! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete