Friday, December 2, 2016

Seek The Lord and His Strength

The first time someone commented that one of my cards was "CAS", 
I truly didn't know if that was a good thing or not.  
Clean and Simple ~ it is a good, especially when the need for 
get well wishes, expressions of sympathy, or other immediate
card needs are at hand.
Today's card fits the CAS category, as it wasn't a card that took hours
to build the layers, cut out the details, or find just the right embellishments.  
It is simply an image from Hunky Dory Crafts, a beautify scripture  from the Bible Files on Christian Card Maker cut with a simple
oval shaped die, a couple of layers of matting and a matching bow.
What makes the card special is that it is in the mail.  
On the way to brighten someone's day, to let them know that even though I don't know them, they were listed on a site as needing 
a prayer and a card of encouragement and someone responded.

Just over three years ago, my Dad was severely burned in a unfortunate accident, one we as a family try to forget the months of pain that followed and the many times we didn't think he could ever recover.  
However, we are so very grateful that he survived, and is still with us today.  The outpouring of cards he received from the vast areas of the world, not just the United States, was simply overwhelming.
The prayers that came were even larger, and Our God listened. 
Gratefully we continue to serve a Risen Savior!

This will be submitted to the following sites ~ 
I invite you to visit to see other inspiring cards and ideas.
and on my personal site, Not Just Scraps.

Thank you for stopping by ~ Pam 





7 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, my heart goes out to you reading this post, Thank God your dad is now healed and well, I know the trauma of almost loosing a loved one lingers for a long, long time!! I am so glad you had that support then and you are so right, even from strangers Good will has a strength giving property. I think we need to always be ready to pass our blessing to those in need! I know you are one of those people that is always sending out the love and I am thankful for that and your friendship! You are truly a gem! ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story that goes with your card made a big impression. I am happy to read your father survived and is still with you. It must have been a difficult period for all of you.
    Your card is perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend...you gave done it again. Beautiful card and as always a message that truly touches the heart. You're stories also with your cards is always a very touching blog. To God Be The Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and a great message in the scripture verse. Thankful that there are so many who are willing to send cards to those who need encouragement. Thanks, Pam, for your encouragement! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright, bold blooms. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam, lucky me I get to read this post twice!! I so respect your beautiful spirit and willing hands! Thank you for sharing your art with is at Word Art Wednesday Anything goes challenge! Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete