Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Be Merry ~ Even When You Goof Up!

For today's Christmas Card I started with another 'free' die from one of the crafting magazines from the UK.  
This little Be Merry circle die is so dainty and the 3 options increases your creativity.  


I did two of the cards at the same time, and tried several different combinations of the pieces before I decided on the one that I wanted to use.  I knew I wanted to change and put green leaves for the holly and red flat back pearls for the berries also.
As you can see below - I took out the center solid circle so that more red would show. 

Having glued both cards down now, I grab the bottom one to add a bit of white crochet thread and a bow....
ONLY TO REALIZE,...  I have somehow picked up green card bases that have 
LET's CELEBRATE on the back of them!
and the scripture rings in my ears.. 
The Lord has a reason for everything (Proverbs 16:4)...
Then as quickly as that ran through my head, 
I thought of the other card challenges that I had signed up for... 
Perfect - Let's Celebrate!... will make a great New Year's Card!
So a quick split down the middle of the two bases and turn it into two fronts! Awesome! Now I have my Anything Goes card too. 

As we count down the last days before Christmas - may you BE MERRY, even when you goof up!  And may you focus on the birth of our Savior and Celebrate HIS Birthday!

This posting will appear on the following sites where I encourage you to visit to see other crafter's work:
and on my personal site, Not Just Scraps.

Thank you for stopping by and for following me.

Serving a Risen Savior, Pam 



3 comments:

  1. Oh Pam what a way to go - I have been known to cut the front off a card that I had attached things the wrong way to, and glue it to another base :-). As my friend would say, opportunity for creativity. Love your cards, they are beautiful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! I'd say through a "happy accident" you came up with a very cheerful "celebrate New Year's" card! Thanks for sharing it at Cards In Envy for our "Celebrate the Season" challenge! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the die. Sometimes mistakes (as we call them) produce better cards than we started making. Love the card! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete