Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Cards ~ Technique One

With wanting to send out as many Christmas cards as I can, 
and definitely not wanting to tire of the design, 
this year I decided to do my cards in groups of 6-8 of several different techniques.

My first set was inspired by the lovely cards my friend Jennie is currently making, using the method of inking your embossing folders prior to running them through the machine.

I quickly realized in my vast collection of folders, I must be attracted to border folders versus folders background folders.  
But I finally found several that would work for the season.

Next I discovered that I ended up with just about as much ink on my hands as on the folders, AND that I liked the inked designs both Embossed and Debossed.

With several panels inked, I then selected smaller Christmas stamps or mounted vellum panels that would appropriately fit on the card fronts and matted them after finding matching ribbon.

These are the final cards from this technique. 






I have my favorite ~ What's yours? 

This posting will be submitted and shared to the following sites:
I encourage you to visit each of them to see other inspiring ideas for the Christmas season.

and on my personal site, Not Just Scraps



Thank you for stopping by.  
Serving a Risen Savior ~ Pam