Friday, October 14, 2016

You Are Fabulous ~ Paper Doll Becky ~ Lace Challenge

For one of the October card challenges on 
we were to make a card with lace on it.  Not wanting just to add
a little lace border, I decided to go to my Julie Nutting paper doll
stash and add lace to one of the girls dresses. 
If you are a Paper Doll fan, you know how addictive this 
line of stamps can be, yet I find I never have the time to 
create with them like I would like to.  
Today Becky's western look appealed to me, so away I went, stamping the image several times on coordinating papers. 
I used Copic markers for coloring and shading the skin and hair first for the base doll.  Then each piece ( Hat, Shirt, Skirt, and Boots) are separately stamped and hand cut out.  A dark marker is used to go around the edges of each piece to conceal any white core of the paper before gluing each of the tiny pieces onto the doll. 
Nuvo Crystal drops were used to give the effect of tiny buttons down the front of her shirt.  Several rows of lace were carefully glued to the skirt and secured at the back before adding as the final piece of clothing.  A scrap of paper was used to cut the shape of a jean pocket and I added the Unity stamp, "You are fabulous", with a small chipboard flower on the corner to finish it off the card. 


This turned out to be a great card of encouragement and the 
design will be added to my selling site, Not Just Scraps.

Thank you for stopping by ~ Pam 

1 comment:

  1. Another Fabulous card Pam. Love the colors. I have a tendency to do western in brown and tans. This is such a great color change. Since l have this stamp, looks like l have another card to copy almost. Just love your ideas. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete