Wednesday, December 8, 2021

May Peace Be Your Gift This Christmas

Today's Christmas card in my 2021 Countdown to Christmas is from Penny Black and is called Berry Star.

Like a lot of Penny Black stamps and images, this beautiful star with the leaves and berries is quite large.  From the tip of the stem (which is actually under the knot) to the last berry at the bottom left is 6".  Thus the image is actually tilted about10 degrees in order to get it all on the 6" card base.  

{Note:  It would fit vertically on a 5" x 7" card base.)



I used my Copic markers to color the berries and leaves only to realize that made the stark white star look unfinished.  So I added Copic Y0000 lightly to cover the center of the star.  Next I fussy cut rather closely around the stars and berries. 

For the card base I selected a piece of deep red that coordinated with the berries and cut it to make the 6" square card base.  I covered the front with the hunter green embossed holly leaf paper, then added the cut out star piece.  The tag sentiment was left over from another project so I glued it in the corner and added the mini enameled dot for dimension.   Lastly I added the burgundy organza ribbon at the top of the card and knotted and trimmed the rough edges.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Build Your Holiday Christmas Stash 

Inspiration Station ~ Challenge 19 ~ Star Light, Star Bright 

Peace On Earth ~ Challenge 5 

Stamping Sensation ~ December 

Crazy 4 Challenges ~ C4c613 ~ Christmas Foliage 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 588 ~ Week 1 

Penny Black ~ December ~ Christmas

Pam's Pearls


Products

Penny Black Berry Star



7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Pam and I love the stamped image. Thanks for linking up with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how elegant and stylish this card is, beautifully coloured and wonderfully traditional with a little twist. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Station, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the coloring and thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks this week. Have great day! Cheers!
    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've used that stamp to great effect with your lovely background and ribbon as the perfect finishing touches. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pam, this is so, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. An elegant Winter card, many thanks for joining in our December theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, it's a fabulous image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete