Friday, September 18, 2020

Things That Make Us Blessed

 Those of you who have been following my blog for a while, or know me personally, have heard me mention before about my best friend for life - Cindy.  We have been in each other's lives since I was four and she was five.  What an amazing journey of 58 years plus of friendship we have shared.  

Earlier this summer, Cindy joined the ranks of retirement!  I think I was as happy for her as anyone, knowing that she would be able to come down for more visits or that we would have time to take a trip for some new adventure. 

Today's card is the one that I sent to her for her retirement. I made it using images from Polka Dot Orchard.  The Koi fish image is from the set Wonder Often (artist Jeanie Hays) and the sentiment is from Good Morning Spring (artist Jessica Pickeral).


 I sized the image and sentiment to go horizontal on the A2 size card front, but wasn't satisfied with how it make the fish look crowded with the wordy sentiment.  So I increased the image slightly and die cut the front to be just over 4 1/2 x 5 1/4.  I used my Copic markers for coloring and selected deep, rich shades of the orange and blues.

When complete, I die cut the edge of the image with Tattered Lace Nested Beaded Chain Rectangle die.  I cut two matting pieces - one from a solid deep orange and one from an aqua woven scrap paper.   I selected a cream 5 1/2" square card base and layered the matting and image, making sure everything was securely attached. I elected not to add a bow since the card had to go through the mail.

This past weekend Cindy was able to come down for a few days.  Although our time ran out quickly, we had a lot of time for long talks about our childhood and where our Lord has us today.  We both pray that our friendship will be allowed to continue for many years to come!


Happy Retirement!

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

D. L. Art ~ Sept ~Thankful Thursday 

Krafty Chicks #525, Week 3 CAS 

A Bit More Time to Craft ~ Challenge #124  

Creative Cottage ~ #133 Include an Animal  

Let's Create ~ #163 AG and Best of Friends



Serving a Risen Savior,

Pam

Products used:







 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Pam. Great colors and sentiment. I'm sure Cindy enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Pam - love the rich colours and a fabulous sentiment
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete