Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I Love You More Than Ice Cream

I can't wait to tell you about this past weekend's crafting retreat, but first I want to share my current entry in the Unity {Show & Tell} Sketch Challenge.  

I'm not a big fan of sketch designs and rarely use them so they are truly a challenge for me as a card maker.  Here's my entry and following is a few details about what I used to make it. 


I love this cute Ice Cream Truck stamp by Unity's designer Tracey Malnofski.  I colored it with Copic markers in the shades of sherbet ice cream.  The die is a Spellbinders, Label 37.  I had picked up the embossing folder from Michael's craft store, looks like it was just made to go with this stamp.  

One of my favorite 'tricks' with buttons is to cut a very thin strip of paper and thread through for the 'thread'.  Simply cross over the back ends and place a glue dot, and it's ready to apply to the card. This eliminates the frustration of threading a needle after a search for the right shade of thread and is fast and easy! My kind of trick!

 Then just a bit of washi tape per the sketch and the three buttons were added.  The matted sentiment is die cut using Gina Marie X- Stitched Rectangles to finish the card.

Here is the original inspirational sketch if you'd like to try one yourself:

I hope you'll pop over to Unity and check out the current challenge and see all the different entries!
Thanks for stopping by today to view my entry.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment