Tuesday, October 17, 2017

An Alternate to Triple Stamping Technique

One of this months challenges on Addicted to Card Making was the Tech Challenge of Triple Stamping.  This is a fun technique and here is the reference YouTube video for you. 
{ https://youtu.be/bmculp_tz74 }
However, I'd like to share with you an alternate way that my friend Jennie showed me, which achieves the same look and is a lot faster.  It's all a matter of preference, I'm by no means saying one is better than the other. 
Here is my card using the alternate way ~ the card I sent to my swap partner in ATCM.  This is also one of my favorite Phyllis Harris designs that I specifically did in fall colors for the Unity current challenge. 


Now keep reading if you are interesting in the alternate technique.

The key is you only color one image card or stamp your multiple images on one card.  Next select your THIN die set that has a multiple sizes.  This card used SIX sizes of this set.

Simply pick EVERY OTHER size and line up on your stamped or colored image card and lightly place washi tape to hold in place while you run through your die machine.
For this card, I went back and then used the alternating dies to cut the black matted pieces, however if you want the mats to be thinner, you can simply cut them slightly larger than the die cut images using your personal cutter. 
Carefully build from the bottom, securing each layer with glue or tape, then secure to your card base. 
And there you have it!  
Amazing results ~ I can't wait for you to try it!

Thank you for stopping by and for following by postings.
My cards are available for sale on my site, Not Just Scraps or through private message.
Serving a Risen Savior ~ Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:


3 comments:

  1. LOve how you used the dies, lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Pam - love the black framing, and thanks for sharing the alternate instructions :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful creation for our Autumn themed challenge, Pam! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete