Monday, September 26, 2022

Prescription for a Happy Birthday

Today I'm sharing a special order that I made for one of our pharmacist.  The request was from the others there in the drugstore, to surprise her and celebrate her birthday. 

The request was for the standard Mortar and Pestle - but not in a standard way.  Her favorite color being shades of purple, they wanted the Mortar to be overflowing with lavender to purple flowers.

Sounds simple but not something that you have just laying around in your stamp collection.  

After quite a bit of searching for two files I could merge, I got down to my digital files from Jan's Digi Stamps. There I came across her Wedding Magnolias, and I knew I'd found what I needed.  

Here is the Mortar and Pestle with flowing flowers. 



 

I was able to take the image and duplicate it with one swag of flowers across the bowl and one more vertical down the right side.  I also typed the Happy Birthday on the image design. 

After printing I colored the image with my Copic markers and added tiny dots of gold Stickles inside the flowers.  Then used the lovely Tattered Lace Nested Beaded Chain Rectangle dies for the image and the floral matting.  Lastly I secured both layers to a white cardstock card base, cut to fit the larger mat. 

When I saw the 'birthday girl' and she told me she loved the card. She teaches also and has the card there in her office.  That always makes you feel great when you know they enjoyed the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Avenue 613 ~ September 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 94 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ September ~ Happy Birthday 

The Corrosive Challenge ~ September 

Paper Players ~ Challenge 610 ~ Sketch 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 630 ~ All Occasions  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 561-562 

Through the Craft Room Door ~ 9/13 Challenge 

World Wide Open Design Challenge ~ September

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bowl: Y26, Y28, Magnolias: V25, V22, V20, BV13, BV02, BV01, BV00, V17, V15, V12, Limb: E15, E17

 

Products 







7 comments:

  1. An exquisite card Pam - and a difficult challenge met with an awesome result. Love your colouring of the magnolias!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly nailed the brief! I like the die frames they finish the card off beautifully.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really pretty card. Isn't it fun to make cards to the personal interest of a person. How could she not love it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Composition, Pam! Thank you for showcasing "Wedding Magnolias" and sharing it with others.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly original and a very personal design. It works beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love the borders on this! Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and hope to see you again! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete