Friday, September 30, 2022

He Will Cover You With His Feathers

 I'm here this afternoon with the Classic Design Team, rolling out the October, Classic Design Challenge Blog. Our sponsor for the month is Fred She SaidI have selected their Nuthatch  bird for my project card.

I also used this card design recently at the crafting retreat that I hosted.  I gave them the feather frame and sentiment as a make 'n take for them to add a bird.



I sized the bird to about 3 1/2" square and printed the image on Neenah 110# card stock.  I've used Copic markers for my coloring and they are referenced below.

I had purchased this new die from one of the Facebook sellers and it was just perfect for the image with the circle of feathers around the outside edge. It's sold by Paper Boutique and called Angels Are Near. 

I selected a solid gray cardstock for the feather die and then the burnt orange patterned paper for the card base mat. I received the scripture quote at a recent retreat.  I added it to the bottom corner and the card front was complete.

Having used a black card base, I did add a white journaling box inside to complete the total card design.

Be sure to visit the Classic Design Challenge Blog to see the other Design Team cards and to enter your entry.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches ~ Challenge #555 

Through the Craft Room Door ~ September 27 Challenge 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 278 ~ Autumn Colors 

Avenue 613 ~ September 

Dare to be Artzy ~ September ~ Animals 

Crafty Gals Corner ~ Challenge 235 ~ Animals 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 563/564 

World Wide Open Design Challenge ~ September


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bird: E02, R11, R000, YR24, BV29, BV25, BV23, BV20, Pinecones: E31, E35, E39, Leaves: YG93, Outside image: RV0000

 

Products





 

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a delightful card Pam - love your feather frame
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the bird and that intricate die cut! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Love the sweet bird and the sentiment! Glad yuo joined us at FMSs

    ReplyDelete