Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Whimsy Hamster Stamp with Glossy Ornament Technique

Several days ago, I saw one of the Christmas Whimsy stamps posted where the artist (Claire PH) had made the ornament ball all glossy and shinny.  A lot of the style posted on the Whimsy Stamp and Inspirational site are 5 x 5 cards with large flowers or other elaborate embellishments. My style is much simpler and with almost 50 to mail at today's postage rate, flat is an important factor.  
At the original posting she didn't say what technique she used so my stamping friend Jennie and I decided we would try two different methods to see what we could come up with. 
This is the final result of the one I completed.  Brief descriptions follow if you are interested in trying it out yourself.


After stamping and Copic coloring, I filled in the ornament with Glossy Accents, and let dry overnight. 


And my friend made a mask around the circle, then used WOW thick embossing powder and heat set. 

And her finished card ~



We both felt the end results were not a lot of difference, both turned out very glossy and made really cute cards.  I hope you will be encouraged to try a new technique often.  You never know what you might come up with.

Thanks for stopping by today and following my work.  I'd love for you to also check out Not Just Scraps on Facebook, where I sell my cards and other select items.
Serving a Risen Savior,  Pam

This posting will appear on my selling site, Not Just Scraps as well as the following social media sites:




No comments:

Post a Comment