Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Unity Challenge ~ Not A Card

The current Unity {Show & Tell} challenge is DIY Gift Ideas ~ Not a Card, and WOW to some of the great ideas that are being posted!  
Personally, I'm buried in making 40+ Christmas cards and almost as many handmade ornaments that is my tradition for my family every year.  Yet, I love playing in the Unity challenges because like most they push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me to do something new and different.
I have to admit, I tried stamping on fabric.... and threw it in the trash!  Those of you who are successful at that, Hats off to you!  That is definitely an art style that is not for me, plus all that thick fabric ink getting on my clean stamps.  Nope! Not happening.
So this afternoon I decided that I would embellish my new, cheap little wall clock that I just purchased for my craft room.
I immediately grabbed my favorite Unity stamp, Sunset Promise.. oh thank you Angie Blom for this wonderful design!
I wanted the image and the sentiment to be the focal point, plus there isn't a lot of room to add dimensional embellishments inside the clock face.  Although Clean And Simple (CAS), it is perfect for my busy crafting room, which looks out onto the open waters of the lake.  

While this could be a DIY gift for others, this one is a gift to me.  Another reminder of how blessed I am with each sunrise and sunset as I try each day to serve my Risen Savior.

Thank you for stopping by today!  I really appreciate your comments and sharing with others.

This will also be posted on the following sites: 

No comments:

Post a Comment