Friday, November 18, 2016

ATCM November Tech Challenge ~ Bleach Card

For November on Addicted to Card Making
the technical challenge card challenge was directed to
Fern Bainbridge's youtube video 
Like many of the techniques, there are lots of ways to use bleach on cards, some more successful than others. However our challenge was to follow this method.
I personally found it a bit difficult to get the results shown in the video which I attributed to me just learning a new technique.  
After trashing several attempts, 
I finally got a card worthy of submitting to my partner for the challenge. 
As you will see in the video, you start with a heavy coating of distressed ink on your background card base. 
Then using a small brush, you splatter or drop bleach onto the base.
Then after stamping and embossing your images, you apply the distressing ink to them,
 then let them dry.
After fussy cutting the images out, you again use the bleach on a small brush and pull from the center of the image to remove the ink color, giving your design a unique shading. 
Adding a dry embossed layer of vellum with Thinking of You, helped bring the two patterns together. 
While this is probably not a technique that I will do again, 
it was a challenge and a new learning. Both are important to me and to most crafters.  
It's too easy to get stuck in a rut doing the same style and design over and over.
So step out of the box and try a technique that is different from your style  ~ you might find something you really enjoy!

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog 
and order cards through Not Just Scraps.

Be sure to visit these sites where this posting will be 
along with many other talented card makers:

May your day be blessed ~ Pam 
  





5 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, these flowers came out really great as well as the whole card. It made me remember I love bleach stamping!! I think I need to get at it again!! thanks for the crafty nudge and yes I agree it is really important to stretch yourself and try new things!
    Have a great day!
    Ginny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. thanks for sharing how you made the flowers. Thanks for entering Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely a unique technique. I do like the end results, but l think l might save the idea of trying this technique for later down the road. I think this might be a little advanced for me at this time. I always look forward to your blogs because l learn so much. Thanks for all the sharing you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly sounds a very complex technique, but the results were stunning and made up to a lovely card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used bleach in making cards in the past. I will have to get back to it. Your flowers are lovely. The vellum really adds to them. Lovely card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete