Thursday, August 24, 2017

A Great Adventure

Today's blog card is both my submission for Unity's {Show & Tell} current challenge and a thank you for a special friend.

For the Unity challenge,
'Create a card with a kraft base and twine with a splash of color'
I selected Phyllis Harris' .... 
life's an adventure,
which includes the quote by Helen Keller,
"Life is either a great adventure or nothing.

 After stamping onto the standard card base, I colored her dress and the swing with Copic markers and used a pink metallic gel pen for the headband, bow and ruffle.  The decorative doily is a natural colored miniature by Stampin Up that I colored also with a three shades of Copic markers and added a orange gemstone in the center after mounting and trimming.  For the twine, I also tied several sailor's knots to give the rope effect rather than a bow. 

I am grateful to my friend who has given me a wonderful opportunity to travel to parts of the US over the last 6 weeks, that I've never been to and to enjoy her hospitality. 
How wonderfully blessed my life continues to be!

Thank you for stopping by today and for following my blog.
Many cards like this one are available for sale or ordering through Not Just Scraps or my message.
Serving a Risen Savior, Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:

3 comments:

  1. Great card AND post! I love the quote with the image!! Just perfect!! happy trails to you my friend!
    Hus,
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Your cards always have an inspiring message. This card makes me feel the fall air blowing around me. Also l like that knot. I'm not sure how to make it, but now l have a new challenge. It is a unique embellishment, it makes the card. After looking over this card, l take with me, a new challenge as well as the softness of the fall calming wing blowing. Thanks Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Pam. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete