Friday, January 1, 2016

What better way to start a new year ~ 2016 ~ than to venture  down a new path of blogging for my crafting hobbies!  I'm so excited, and nervous, to finally push the first button and begin sharing my creations, ideas and God given talents with you.

Let's begin by Celebrating the New Year!


For this design, I cut the card stock 3" taller than the stamped image that I had selected and rounded the top with a Stampin Up border punches. 



Then using my distressing blocks and the Tim Holtz stencil, I lightly inked the background.  This was my first time using stencils - It was very easy and definitely a technique I'll continue to use.


Add a cute stamp on top of the stenciled strip to fit the celebration, 
color with your favorite markers,
Add a precut tag with your sentiment, 
a few strips of washi tape for contrast 
and twine or ribbon at the top to finish it up. 

 I always make several of each design, so a few I stamped the back with the scripture Psalm 118:24, 

"This is the day which the Lord hath made, 
we will rejoice and be glad in it" 

Others I added to a layered card base for mailing.





10 comments:

  1. Okay Pam, I don't drink and sorry that be blunt don't like such images but really enjoyed seeing how you made this card, well done indeed. And brilliant work on your new blog.
    Great colours, love the name, and most of all the presentation is clean clear crisp and easy on the eye. Very pleasing indeed.
    Totally chuffed to be your first wonderful encourager too. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save so many of your cards for examples, but along with Shaz, I do not collect stamps, cards, etc. that have anything to do with drinking. Love your work and wish I could do as well as you do on your cards and photos. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam this is so creative of you. You go girl! I too save your artwork for references. Hugs Girl. Beautiful Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it! I'm so proud of you, Pam! Great job. I can't wait to see your blog grow into all that you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Pam and Congratulations on launching your new Blog!! I love your +Tags and enjoyed reading your post! I look forward to many more!!
    Hugs
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who Hoo! Another creative outlet for Pam is born! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great! I love the colors you put together. I'll be looking forward to many more amazing crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, starting a blog is a great way to start a year! I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see what you create, join challenges and more. This is the perfect start! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way I don't drink either but it doesn't offend me because sparkling apple or grape juice also comes in a bottle like that and I celebrate with juice! Again congratulations and wish you a fun, creative and blessed blogging journey. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete