Monday, December 19, 2016

Tech Challenge ~ Triple Easel

TECH CHALLENGE....I'm not sure what Mr Webster or Ms Google would define this as, but many of us on the card making group Addicted to Card Making read that and think... Oh No! Not Doing That One!  Too Hard... Too Much Time, etc.  
However, for me, skill growth and stepping out of my comfort box is exactly why I joined a card swapping group. 
The December Tech Challenge was to make a Triple Easel Card and the suggested video reference was posted on YouTube by Kim Score. (Ref: https://youtu.be/ThAo6Jj-AZc )
The base of the card is simply a matter of following the steps whether you use her video or any posted on this technique. 
My base templates were Sizzix, Labels Regal #559202.

To me, the hard part is uniquely decorating three panels that match in a descending order.  Being a South Carolina beach girl, I selected an ocean theme using lots of sea life dies.
Each panel is decorated, then applied to the base.
The size made it really hard to get a good photo in the light box. 
The Seahorse and the Mermaid are Gina Marie Design dies, the Dolphin and the Seaweed are from Elizabeth Crafts (#1183) and the "you gotta have it" Jellyfish is a Memory Box die, Elegant Jellyfish #99395.  One extra that I did with the jellyfish.. I just about always use wax paper between my die and paper (such a neat trick to instant paper release).  On the jellyfish I left the wax paper over the gray die so that there were two layers of tentacles flowing down.
The end result is a very large card, but amazingly folds down quite well and was carefully shipped to my swap partner who happen to be in Florida!  Perfect theme for sure! 

I hope you've enjoyed this little bit of summer in the middle of the Christmas season.  I sincerely appreciate you stopping by and following by blog postings.  This will also be posted on the following sites where I invite you to visit for other great crafting ideas:
and my personal site, Not Just Scraps.

Serving a Risen Savior, Pam 

 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam this is stunning - love the way you have co-ordinated all the panels to make such a fabulous seaside card - so appropriate for us "Down Under"
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. A lot of work in that card. Turned out beautifully. Hugs

    ReplyDelete