Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Orange and Black Card Challenge ~ No Halloween!

If you are in the month of October and you think orange and black,
then your mind seems to go to Halloween.
Thus the Addicted to Card Making challenge
of NO HALLOWEEN truly made it a great challenge.

My choice was a quick silhouette using part of a five owl
border die.  I had a little trouble with this die embossing the 
detail desired, however using them as little silhouettes proved
to be the perfect images.  
The background orange and brown came from my 'ugly' background scrap pile and was glued to a standard black card base.
I used a circle die cut of orange, then distressed part of one edge 
using Stampin Up Cajun Craze ink.
After gluing these down, I used a small Whimsy tag die 
and then stamped the small sentiment to complete the card.

Like many cards, the sentiment could be changed to meet several events or celebrations.  This card design will be added to my selling site, Not Just Scraps. I hope you will stop by to visit some time. 



2 comments:

  1. What a fun card that is not an H card - love the silhouettes
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course this is an amazing card. One it has owls on it, my favorite and two...it was made by Pam. Just love seeing the many cute cards you come up with !

    ReplyDelete